"In the beginning" on Long Sleeve T-Shirt (Mens) by AS Colour
The rainbow flag was introduced during the San Francisco Gay Freedom Day Parade celebration on June 25, 1978.
The design was chosen by Gilbert Baker having been put to the task by Harvey Milk, an early political activist, to create something that could be a symbol of pride for the LGBTQIA+ community. Baker received some funding from the fledgling Pride committee to make the first two flags. He recruited Lynn Segerblom, who created the dying process, and James McNamara helped to sew the flags along with assistance from volunteers.
- Hot pink symbolises sex
- Red equals life
- Orange symbolises healing
- Yellow stands for sunlight
- Green represents nature
- Turquoise equals magic and art
- Indigo stands for serenity
- Violet represents the spirit of LGBTQIA+ people
200gsm Premium Long Sleeve t-shirt by AS Colour.
Features Shoulder to Shoulder tape, split detail at hem (drop at back), ribbing at neck, sleeve cuffs and double-needle bottom hem and sleeve.
Body Width (cm)
Body Length (cm)
How to Measure:
- Lay an existing t-shirt flat.
- Body Width: Measure 3cm below armpit, from one side to the other.
- Body Length: Measure from the top of the shoulder to the bottom of the t-shirt.